Saar Psychological Group, PLLC
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
The HIPAA Privacy Rule gives individuals a fundamental new right to be informed of the privacy practices of their health plans and of most of their health care providers, as well as to be informed of their privacy rights with respect to their personal health information. As a result, the following information provides notice regarding how Saar Psychological Group, PLLC, will use and disclose protected health information, our legal duties to protect and maintain that information, how you can specify your requests about this information and who to contact.
Your Right to Copies:
- You can ask to see or obtain an electronic or paper copy of your treatment record and other treatment-related information we have about you.
- We will provide the information within 30 days, but there may be a reasonable, cost-based fee.
- You can provide correct treatment-related information for information in your record you believe is incorrect or incomplete.
- We may deny your request, but will do so in writing within 60 days.
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way, such as by phone or e mail.
Limiting Use of Information:
- You can request us NOT to share certain treatment information used for treatment, payment or operations, but we are not required to agree and may deny your request if it would affect your care or if the courts are involved and require us to produce certain information.
- You can request a list of times she have shared your information. This may also involve a reasonable cost-based fee.
Having Someone Else Act for You:
- If you have given someone a power of attorney that includes psychological treatment, that person may have the right to make choices about your health information. We will confirm the authority of this person before acting on their instructions.
- Unless court-ordered, we will not share your information without a valid consent.
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information. As noted above, we are sometimes required to submit health insurance information through web-based applications that we cannot ensure are secure.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs and that that your information may have been compromised.
Billing for Services:
- We can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans and other entities. NOTE: This information is sometimes submitted through web-based applications and may not be secure.
If you feel we have violated your rights, you can contact us.
Saar Psychological Group, PLLC
Barbara Nelson, HPPA compliance
515 3rd Avenue, Suite 100
South Charleston, WV 25303
You can also contact the US Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights:
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.,
Washington, D.C. 20201
We reserve the right to change the terms of this notice and the changes will apply to all information we have relating to you. The new notice will be available upon request at our office and on the website.
The effective date of this notice is 7/1/2019.